What am I doing...
How far can we go to save the planet?
- How much can we save by pledging and what distance can we accumulate as a collective?
To be part of the mission:
- Make a Pledge for the Planet.
- Swim, walk, bike and/or run within the 48 hours to accumulate points for our collective mission.
When's the mission?
- 18th & 19th September (48 hours)
How to enter:
1. Make a Pledge!
2. Sign up to PFTP Strava Club
3. Take part by running, swimming, cycling and/or walking as far as you can during the 48 hours*
Points scoring system:
- Ride = 1 point/km
- Run = 5 points/km
- Walk = 8 points/km
- Swim = 20 points/km
(There will be prizes!)
Why should you be part of the mission?
To reduce your carbon footprint and plastic waste output.
To avoid climate catastrophe we must take immediate, deep and sustained emission reductions, according to the recent IPCC report.
Climate change is wreaking havoc around the world with heatwaves, droughts, floods and extreme weather events driven by the burning of coal, oil and gas. Human activity is responsible for 1.1C of warming since 1900, and over the next 20 years, global temperature is expected to exceed 1.5C of warming.
We need to take action immediately, to stop the catastrophic impact we are having on our planet.
Plastic is made from fossil fuels, and the conveniences they offer have led to a throw-away culture.
Every piece of plastic ever created still exists somewhere, it’s an incredibly durable material which doesn’t biodegrade. Our inability to effectively deal with plastic waste means that every year, about 8 million tons of plastic waste escapes into the oceans from coastal nations.
Millions of animals are killed by plastics every year, due to ingesting microplastics, entanglement or starvation.
Our collective impact
Pledge to reduce carbon emissions
Try one meat free day a week
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 464kg GHG emissions as a collective
Switch to a plant-based diet
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 6,020kg GHG emissions as a collective
Wash clothes at 30 degrees and dry naturally
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 1,350kg GHG emissions as a collective
Pledge to reduce plastic waste
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 10,200 pieces of plastic as a collective
Switch to a reusable cup, bottle and cutlery on the go
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 2,000 pieces of plastic as a collective
Go plastic free in the bathroom
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 300 pieces of plastic as a collective
Choose plastic free household products
- If 50 of us pledge to do this for a month we'll save 1,400 pieces of plastic as a collective
Go on... choose your pledge to be part of the mission to save our planet. (click 'make a pledge' at the top of this page)
*Please adhere to the current COVID restrictions and protocols while undertaking any PFTP challenge(s)